Pages

Sunday, January 2, 2011

...the new year. Hello 2011

Since it is the beginning of a new year I have decided to start a blog.
I am excited to be writing again, even though I feel a little bit rusty!
I have titled my blog "Laura loves..." because no matter what I am going through I want to try and stay positive, and it should be hard to be negative when I'm remembering the things I love!  :)

This is going to be quite a big year for me, I will be turning 30...not for nine months...but still!!  I want to say that I am looking forward to it, that I'll be embracing my new age, that I am excited about it...because like a fine wine I'm only getting better with age.  However, I'm not looking forward to it.  I am scared of that number, of course I was also scared of 26...now I look back and realize how silly that was...and I'm sure I'll be doing the same thing in five years...but that doesn't help me right now!  I don't feel old.  I don't have any gray hair.  I don't think I look my age.  Still, it's scary. 

I am planning on getting in shape, up until I gain a lot of weight!  My Husby and I are trying to have a baby. We have three kids, but we've never had a baby together.  We are hoping that this is our year...I am ready to be fat with baby! 

I am trying to stay positive about my job...which is hard.  I taught high school for four years, middle school for a year before that, and now I'm teaching fifth grade...and it is the most difficult job I've ever had (and I've been a hotel housekeeper).  It's not just the amount of work, but also the morale...I didn't know what I was getting myself into! 

I do love the new year.  Everyone making plans for themselves.  Seeing so many people having a new positive outlook.  It reminds me that I am blessed.  I have a wonderful supporting husband. I have the best kids any step-mami could ask for.  And well...at least I have a job!!

YAY 2011!!

No comments:

Post a Comment